It is no big secret I am ‘not a big fan’ (understatement of the year) of our world’s educational system. I could go on a rant of all the things I think are completely and utterly backwards about shoving kids in a stuffy oxygen-deprived room and teach them things that a) are not true and/or b) not at all relevant and/or c) they will figure out along the way anyway in this crazy thing called LIFE. But I won’t! Ha. Instead, I’ll present you with my idea of useful education.
School’s in session bitches.
So dance Goddamnit!
10 + Things We SHOULD Have Learned in School
1. Eat REAL food. Mostly plants. Not too friggin’ much.
2. How to love and respect ALL people, animals and nature around us
3. Lovemaking is fun, delicious, sacret and beautiful and not something dirty, to be ashamed of (being a woman) or something to boast about (being a man)
4. How to give a deeply nurturing, soothing massage. Massage is one of the greatest pleasures of life, both giving and receiving.
5. How money and degrees are worth jack shit so long as you have PASSION and AMBITION
6. How traveling foreign countries will teach you more about the way the world works than any history or social sciences class ever will
7. The transformative powers of Yoga, meditation, positive affirmations and visualization techniques are cheaper than shrinks and burn-outs - or trying to shop your way into a state of bliss.
8. The number one foundational law; the law of attraction. If you are receiving a lot of crap in your life, you asked for it. If you want great things in your life, ASK FOR IT
9. Exercise is a dirty word. Just go out and MOVE YOUR BODY in any way you see fit. Oh, having fun is allowed mandatory. Go dance/hoop/hoopdance/breakdance/stretch/walk/acroyoga. Think outside the box and moreover; forget the gym. Your body is your gym.
10 Life isn’t complicated. You ALWAYS have a choice. No, not figuratively speaking. Literally. You always have a choice. The most important choice in any situation you have is to stay calm, be grateful, and CHOOSE HAPPINESS, over self-pity, anger, jealousy and other crappy emotions.
(And just for the hell of it; eat lots of raw chocolate, it’ll make you happy. CTRL+ALT+DELETE anything in your life that doesn’t serve you any longer or doesn’t make you happy. We are made out of STARDUST (yes, really), f****** act like it. Sunshine is healthy and the #1 mood enhancer. Don’t take life, nor yourself, too serious. No one ever needed mathematics in real life, except for maybe rocket scientists. Read as many books, on topics that resonate with you, as you possibly can. Then go on and experiment and implement the theory. There, there’s your degree. Parsley isn’t garnish you shove to the side of your plate – it’s one of the world’s most potent healers and detoxifiers. Forget ‘normal’ – it’s boring, and who decides what the hell is normal anyway? Find the job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your entire life. If voting changed anything, they’d make it illegal)
(These pictures with snippets of wisdom I have been using in my posts lately are from a graffiti artist who calls himself ‘laser 3.14′. He tags exclusively in Amsterdam and most pictures I use I took myself. I love discovering new work of him. See more of his genius here)
Wow, this was fun, and so easy. I should get my PhD and become a teacher in the art of living, no? My dissertation would be on raw cacao and unicorns.
Tell me: what are the most important life lessons according to you?